We do what we do, hoping to make a difference in some way, never knowing if anyone will notice. To be acknowledged for whatever reason is certainly not an everyday occurrence, so when it does happen, that little nod, that gentle pat on the back, is like taking a sip of hot chocolate while sitting on the bleachers watching a football game with the bitter cold stinging your cheeks. Those first drops that slither down your throat, sending a much needed warmth all throughout your body- a good review, a “way to go,” or an award…
The Champions Awards, apparently started by author Seumas Gallacher to, in his words, “differentiate those fine people who go that extra special mile for others,” are being passed around. Much to my surprise, I was nominated by author Glen R. Stansfield and then again by author Maria Gibbs! For my writing? For all the support I’ve given to fellow authors? Well, for whatever reason, I’ll take it! Thank you, Glen and Maria, for considering me a champion. 🙂
Now my own nominations. I would like to pass the award on to the following authors:
- Si Page
- Tanya Jones
- Elaine R. Chissick
- Maureen Turner
- Calvin Camp
Recipients, if you choose to accept and wish to propagate the CHAMPIONS AWARDS, please do the following:
- Post this Award Sticker on your blog, with the hashtag #CHAMPIONSAWARDS
- Acknowledge the sponsor of your Awards.
- Choose at least five of your own nominees and advise them accordingly, attaching these 5 guidelines.
- Keep it simple… no need for explanations for the Awards… we know how great these folks are.
- You are free to give out these Awards as frequently as you wish.